Need Multi-Directional Cameras

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I've noticed that a lot of the bullet-style cameras can pivot up and down, but are unable to pivot left and right (Note: the Amcrest models can pivot left and right by just a small fraction thanks to its ball joint). Its either I change the mounting plate and / or choose a different camera model. Which bullet style camera would you recommend on this basis?

I almost thought Swann's NHD-820 could do this (Hikvision-rebrand)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What are you talking about? Most will happily turn 90 degrees in any direction and also rotate, giving you basically full range.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I was thinking more in the lines of a stiff swivel / ball joint, without having to secure screws for making the necessary adjustments. I've also seen cheaper camers that have hinge-style design secured by a screw. Those cameras are a little cumbersome to work with, but if those screws are there for added rigidity, I'm fine with that. :D

What are you talking about? Most will happily turn 90 degrees in any direction and also rotate, giving you basically full range.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Also, when I played with a cheaper Sannce camera earlier this year, it could pivot up and down, but not left to right because rotating the main screw simply dislodged the camera from the mount. That's why this is an area where no one should go cheap. ;)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the set screw is for locking it in place so people cant tamper with it, the MiniBullets have nothing and anyone can just walk up to it and point it at the sky.. the big Bullets someone'd need a Torx wrench to move it.. but loosen up the torx screw and you can move it 90 degrees left/right and 90 degrees up/down and rotate the bullet 360 degrees around.