Need sugestions for remote streaming

AmmerBo

n3wb
Reaction score
So I've been tasked with setting up a camera at our neighborhood's entrance. We need to be able to record cars\license plates and have the video sent to a remote centralized system for storage and review, like blue iris or something else.

My problem is:
1. I need to pick the right camera that can see well enough to capture license plates at night from 100+ feet away
2. The camera's will be a half mile away from the "remote centralized system". The only thing I can think of is using the internet connect of someone close to where the camera will be but I have no idea of what the upload speeds would look like for 1 to 2 cameras.

I really need to get the video back to the HVR software but I am unsure if in doing so. the camera's will be live streaming at 5 to 10 mbps. Comcast up speeds are like 6 to 10 mbps in the hood. so I'm not sure this is going to work.

Any suggestions?

btw i live in the city and wont be able to bury anything all the way be to my house.
moving the central HVR closer to the camera's won't work as no ones tech savy enough over there.

Thanks guys