Neighbor has a bomb thrown at their house.

WilliamW

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been lurking for a while but never had anything to contribute (since I've been reading everything). I've purchased cameras from Andy on several occasions. I had just gotten my front door camera installed about 10 days prior to this happening.

At the 6/7 second mark you can hear the explosive that was thrown break a flower pot and shortly after it detonates.

Camera is an IPC-HDW5231R-ZE.

WilliamW

n3wb
Reaction score
No damage that I know of. I'm not sure what will come of this with local PD but hopefully they will catch this person. The people across the street had an occurrence a few months backback where a crudly constructed moltov cocktail was left on their porch and lit. That fizzled out, but I guess the culprit wasn't done.

I have a feeling that something else will happen so I am working on getting the SD6CE230U-HNI ptz mounted over the garage and configured but mounting it the way I want is not going to have wife approval. Time to be creative!

I'm usually pretty quiet here, I mostly lurk and read, but if anything else happens I'll put the videos up.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You need just this event to convince your wife you need more cameras to get an image in case these kind of things happen around your house.

My wife did not like the idea of cameras very much at first but for or new house she asked me if we would get cameras again. She even looks up events on the timeline nowdays :)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree. ^^^^^^^^^^^^ You need more cameras. Some more serious incidents could very well happen.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Someone doesn't like your neighbors to much. It takes a lot of anger to go through with something like this. I have had really awful neighbors where I would run them over with my truck if I had a chance, but I never thought of tossing an explosive near their house.

Francisco73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No damage that I know of. I'm not sure what will come of this with local PD but hopefully they will catch this person. The people across the street had an occurrence a few months backback where a crudly constructed moltov cocktail was left on their porch and lit. That fizzled out, but I guess the culprit wasn't done.

I have a feeling that something else will happen so I am working on getting the SD6CE230U-HNI ptz mounted over the garage and configured but mounting it the way I want is not going to have wife approval. Time to be creative!

I'm usually pretty quiet here, I mostly lurk and read, but if anything else happens I'll put the videos up.
Do the neighbors have cameras? They have a real problem and should be prepared.

Francisco73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Someone doesn't like your neighbors to much. It takes a lot of anger to go through with something like this. I have had really awful neighbors where I would run them over with my truck if I had a chance, but I never thought of tossing an explosive near their house.
I bought cameras because we were targeted at least twice about a year ago. First time somebody threw stones. Broken roof tiles, a broken window and one stone ended up next to me on my office table. It did not hit me because the bars in the window reflected it. Second time a guy threw about 20 small explosives over the wall. Too far away to do any harm. We have kids. I ordered four Dahua-IPC-HFW4431R-Z without knowing very much of cameras. Then I installed flood lights. Some weeks ago I got four HFW5231E-Z12 for possibly be able to identify new attackers but have not had time to mount them. The bad guys know that we have cameras. They can park around the corner, put on a hood/helmet, come and throw stones from the road and escape after 10 seconds.

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What's wrong with those people?!
I hope things will get quiet and they leave you alone.

Francisco73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It has been peaceful for more than a year or maybe we have not noticed smaller attacks.