Neighbors caught stealing!

Yesitsme

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I like those hats, we don't see them here in the east coast

Reaction score
That area between the face of the curb (or from roadway center-line depending on local gov't. rules) and behind the street light pole plus sidewalk (including a specific distance behind that on official maps and records) is considered to be the public right of way and utility easement area. It is NOT the proper place to have anything delivered or for the homeowner to store anything...unless you want someone to think it's been discarded or abandoned.

Frankly, I don't blame the landscapers for their misinterpretation as much as I do the homeowner for their misunderstanding of who owns what and where you can properly place such items.
I agree with what your saying, but every one in this area knows that the area in question is the homeowners property. They live across the street, they know the stone was not discarded. All they had to do was ask the home owner, but they just noticed his truck wasn't there and decided to take it. Karma is real and i am glad he drove up and caught them. Even though i had them on camera so they would have been caught anyway.

Reaction score
It is not uncommon to see items set out to the curb here for scrappers or curb alerts. I thought that this video seemed along the same lines.
You can only put things out on the curb on the third week of the month, which is when heavy trash pick up comes. They would not have taken the stone as it is sitting on a pallet and does not in any way appear to be trash.

Reaction score
No, the black color truck with no logo show up at 1:52 mark of the video is the owner of those stones. You can see the driver pull up and talk to the guy with goatee probably telling him that's his stones and not discarded items. And the goatee guy run to the guys taking the stones and tell them to put it back.
Excellent observation.

Reaction score
I live in Houston Texas. If anything is left in the grass strip between the side walk and the street, it means it is considered garbage. So it is fair game. I put 8 large white resin lawn chairs out this past week and they were gone in 20 minutes.
I agree with you but the stone is sitting on a pallet not at the edge of the curb. It's obvious it isn't trash, these landscapers live across the street from the stone, they knew it wasn't trash. They just tried to steal it and were caught in the act. Even if the homeowner had not showed up, i still had the video to show the home owner and they would have had to replace the stone anyway. All they had to do was ask him if they could take them. The home owner is going to make a make box out of the stone.

PoppyAnn

n3wb
Reaction score
My neighbor came home to find his neighbors across the street stealing from his property. You will now exactly when they are busted.

My neighbor came home to find his neighbors across the street stealing from his property. You will now exactly when they are busted.

Here in uk if you leave items on the verge you would be happy if someone took things away as leaving items on the verge means you want to get rid of them and if they were left to long you would get the bill for the removal of them why were they not on your property ? Looking at them they look as if they had were rubish from a project for anyone to take away we call things like this as fly tipping where you will get the bill for removal along with at least a large fine or a prison stay, we are getting fed up with people dumping their rubbish on public land, if a child had decided to climb onto them and slipped you would get a much larger fine plus any costs that the child's parents had due to him being injured like the wages of a parent to stay home from work to look after them along with their treatment costs as the poor old NHS is running out of money and they are trying to recover the money where ever they can.

PoppyAnn

n3wb
Reaction score
I agree with you but the stone is sitting on a pallet not at the edge of the curb. It's obvious it isn't trash, these landscapers live across the street from the stone, they knew it wasn't trash. They just tried to steal it and were caught in the act. Even if the homeowner had not showed up, i still had the video to show the home owner and they would have had to replace the stone anyway. All they had to do was ask him if they could take them. The home owner is going to make a make box out of the stone.
They were just trying to keep their neighbourhood clean and decided to help out by removing them, why would anyone leave items they wanted at the side of the road causing damage to the grass.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Here in the UK, anything visible that isn’t securely bolted down will get taken and unlike the US the only thing we have to scare any would be thief is a gesturing fist