NELLY’S SECURITY POE SWITCHES

Stanley71

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with the POE switch from Nelly’s, IPCP-8P2G-AT, an 8 port POE, with 2 gigabit non powered uplink ports, total 10 ports or any other POE switch they sell. Price aside looking for some input/experience with the switches.

Stanley71

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes it does. According to Nelly’s their unit doesn’t require any addition devices for the SFP port to work. You plug up to eight cameras into the POE ports and then run a Cat5 cable from one of the SFP ports to the NVR. Is that your understanding of how the above unit works?

Nelly’s is far superior to that one also but does cost more.

Last edited:

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with the POE switch from Nelly’s, IPCP-8P2G-AT, an 8 port POE, with 2 gigabit non powered uplink ports, total 10 ports or any other POE switch they sell. Price aside looking for some input/experience with the switches.
I will be receiving my second POE switch from Nelly's today. They are the IP CAM POWER line and they are built like a brick shit house, work well and If a issue happens to come up, somebody answers the phone.

Stanley71

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just what I wanted to hear. So just hookup my cameras to the POE ports and the SFP ports to NVR? Nothing else needed other than cables correct?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Just what I wanted to hear. So just hookup my cameras to the POE ports and the SFP ports to NVR? Nothing else needed other than cables correct?
Where is this SFP port located, from what I see that switch has NO sfp interfaces on it. It does have two 100/1000 uplinks on it.

Stanley71

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My mistake. Really don’t know the difference between the two. Can you elebroate on how to install one of these switches, to cameras, to nvr and daisy chain if necessary? Thanks

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
SFP is typically for fibre optic links.

The uplink ports on the Nellys switch are just standard gigabyte ports.

Hook cameras to the poe ports, run one cable to the NVR from the uplink ports. Done.

Unless you then want to connect to another like switch, or your router, then use the second uplink port.

Last edited:

Stanley71

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you looney2ns. I probably should not ask but are, what you call, standard gigabyte ports equal to better than running POE or POE+ to NVR or daisy chaining. The POE ports on this switch are POE+. There are only a few switches like this most, as you know, are just 8 port POE or POE+. You just loose a POE port when connecting to the NVR and two when you daisy change. I’m also talking unmanaged switches here. Thanks

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you looney2ns. I probably should not ask but are, what you call, standard gigabyte ports equal to better than running POE or POE+ to NVR or daisy chaining. The POE ports on this switch are POE+. There are only a few switches like this most, as you know, are just 8 port POE or POE+. You just loose a POE port when connecting to the NVR and two when you daisy change. I’m also talking unmanaged switches here. Thanks
Gigabyte is referring to the speed at which data is transferred. It has nothing to do with POE or NOT POE.

You can use a POE or POE+ port to connect to the NVR without problems.

Stanley71

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So if I understand you correctly all the ports of a switch facilitate the transfer of data at speeds up to 10/100/1000Mbps. POE is just the wattage that the switch can supply with POE + capable of more wattage. A standard switch accomplishes the same task except no power. So non POE cameras can still send data over a Cat5 cable, if equipped so, and you could use non POE switches if necessary. Somewhat correct understanding?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
In the case of the switch from Nelly's that you were looking at, the ports for the cams (POE) are 100Mbps. The two Uplink ports will transfer at a GIG if your hardware will support it. Here is a little schooling video on it. ---> FYI I have never used Black Box Power Gear

Last edited: