Nelly referral

KrazyDawg

n3wb
Reaction score
I just signed up today after seeing a comment on Amazon from a Nelly's Security representative while I was looking at reviews on the Netgear Arlo camera. I've been researching systems on/off and signed up to get recommendations from other members. I currently have a setup using Camio and an alarm.com vendor.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. Tell us, what is it that you are trying to accomplish with a setup?

Don't get the Arlo as they run off batteries and only record on motion which is not 100% reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrazyDawg

n3wb
Reaction score
I was initially looking at the Arlo due to the reviews and lower installation cost with no wiring.

I've decided to go with 4 IP POE cameras that will need to mostly cover the front area. I have a tree that partially blocks some of the view. I've read that the 3MP cameras will provide a wider viewing angle than the 720p cameras which is equivalent to 1MP. The HikVision cameras seem to have good reviews with the EYEsurv being more budget friendly. At this point, I'm not sure if I need to go with a bullet or dome camera. The bundles on Nelly's Security show a combination of both.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think the IP Camera route will do much better for most in the long run.

I would skip both the bullet and the dome in favor of the turret cams. They are the favorite around here based on ability to easily point them after install, the IR light is not around the lens so not as many spiders in front of lens, and no dome to futz with to avoid getting glare/reflections from IR lights.

Nelly's has the 4mm turret here - http://www.nellyssecurity.com/cameras/hi-def-cameras/ip-cameras/3-mp/hikvision-exir-2cd2332-i-3-mp-turret-dome-ip-camera-4mm.html
Unfortunately, they don't carry a 2.8mm lens as far as I can tell.