Nest Cam private sharing?

Reaction score
Nest just added a password protected sharing mode. Anyone tried to get this to work with BI yet?

I know old version required making a camera public so the new password protected mode sounds ideal.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have a nest cam (and never will) but perhaps the changelog from BI 4.3.7 can help you.

4.3.7 - May 19, 2016

• RTMP and RTMPS camera streams are now supported! These are supplied by Dropcam, Nest cameras, and Flash servers. In order to find the stream path on a Nest camera, open the public viewer in a web browser, right-click to view the page source and search for rtmps. When adding a new camera to Blue Iris, copy and paste this rtmps:// URL into the address box.
  • The network camera settings page has been updated to allow for network protocol selection in place of the previous "https" checkbox. In addition to the RTMP and RTMPS options, RTSP also appears on this list, so it is now possible to have an RTSP source without an HTTP server address. Previously you would have had to select the "skip initial HTTP DNS and reachability tests" check box.
  • The Speex audio codec was added to allow for decoding of Nest/Dropcam audio

ansientwun

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have a nest cam (and never will) but perhaps the changelog from BI 4.3.7 can help you.

4.3.7 - May 19, 2016

• RTMP and RTMPS camera streams are now supported! These are supplied by Dropcam, Nest cameras, and Flash servers. In order to find the stream path on a Nest camera, open the public viewer in a web browser, right-click to view the page source and search for rtmps. When adding a new camera to Blue Iris, copy and paste this rtmps:// URL into the address box.
  • The network camera settings page has been updated to allow for network protocol selection in place of the previous "https" checkbox. In addition to the RTMP and RTMPS options, RTSP also appears on this list, so it is now possible to have an RTSP source without an HTTP server address. Previously you would have had to select the "skip initial HTTP DNS and reachability tests" check box.
  • The Speex audio codec was added to allow for decoding of Nest/Dropcam audio
I have tried this every way I can think of but I never find RTMPS text. All of the stream URLS begin with HTTPS. Did Next make a change to thwart our use of Blue Iris?

Last edited by a moderator: