Network use of the YCC365 security camera

alpuno

n3wb
Reaction score
I own a YCC365 "security camera"; I am connected to the internet via the Fritx! Box 7590 modem / router with FFCH; I also own a Raspberry P2 with WiFi stick .
My intention is to create a very personal Raspberry website that is connected to the modem / router via an ethernet cable. The site (in the Raspberry) should be accessible from all over the world through the service provided by www.noip.com.
The site would have the sole purpose of displaying the video provided by the YCC365 webcam; I still don't know how. I have experimented with the possibility of using VLC for this but I still have no clear idea about it.
It would be the Raspberry to receive the video via wifi and to route it to the site on a particular web page. Even on this I still have no clear ideas.
All this as a free alternative to the service provided (for a fee) by the same manufacturer of the YCC365.
Probably, in doing this, the possibility of changing the orientation of the room would be lost. Patience!
The question is: do you think it's a feasible way? Are there similar experiences?
What alternative could I take to achieve the same goal?
Thanks for the attention.

alpuno

n3wb
Reaction score
I have examined the documentation of the VLC plugin and I have written the following code which however does not produce the desired result.
Code:
<object classid="clsid:9BE31822-FDAD-461B-AD51-BE1D1C159921" id="vlc" width="640" height="480">
  <embed type="application/x-vlc-plugin"  name="vlc" width="640" height="480" src="rtsp:/admin@192.168.178.64:554" />
</object>
It should display the video created by the webcam in an HTML page.
It should be noted that both in the PC and in the raspberry, using VLC, the video is correctly displayed at the address rtsp:/admin@192.168.178.64:554.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like maybe you need to close your <embed type with </embed>, right before </object>
I don't have a Raspberry Pi but the following works on PC running Firefox 38, using the VLC-compatible rtsp URL for my IP camera; I've re-inserted your URL for your YCC365 (of course, use 2 "/" after RTSP, as the forum software won't allow 2 to be posted):

Code:
<html>
<body>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
</head>

<object classid="clsid:9BE31822-FDAD-461B-AD51-BE1D1C159921" id="vlc" width="640" height="480">
  <embed type="application/x-vlc-plugin"  name="vlc" width="640" height="480" src="rtsp:/admin@192.168.178.64:554">
</embed>
</object>
</html>

alpuno

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks !
I think "/>" is worth "</embed>"
However, I inserted a "</embed>" before "</object>"
Obviously or also inserted 2 "/" after "rtsp:"
With Firefox 75.0 64 bit on W10 it doesn't work (white page)
Chrome 81.0 64 bit on W10 reports "this plug-in is not supported"
With Chromium 78 on the Raspberry it says "this plug-in is not supported".
Yet the substantial documentation of vlc-plugin does not report these incompatibilities.
P.S.: I installed the VLC plugin but got no positive results

Last edited: