New BI user here, Email Server input

Reaction score
Hello all, I've got the latest version of BI up and running on an HP i7 EliteDesk 3.4GHZ 800 G2, 16GB Ram, 256SSD, 4T hard drive. I have 8 cams up and running fine. 4 WiFi and 4 IP, all Amcrest. I'm just getting into push notifications trying to send to a dedicated gmail account. Under the Email Server tab, when using a gmail account it automatically populates the server address and port (465). In the From email, I have another non gmail address and in the Login, I have the new gmail address I created just for getting these push notifications. When I hit "Test" I get Proceeding, Connected, Error with sending HELO/EHLO;Server says: 501-5.5.4 HELO/EHLO argument "Blue%20Iris" invalid, closing connection, 501 5.5.4 Gmail Help.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

Reaction score
Ok, so after reading all of the gmail issues, I dumped the gmail account and went with an email I set up from my own domain and got it working. Alls good. Now to get my mobile device set up. :)

Reaction score
I tried checking the box to lower gmail security but that didn't work. I have my own domain so I added a mailbox for alerts and it's working fine now.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried checking the box to lower gmail security but that didn't work. I have my own domain so I added a mailbox for alerts and it's working fine now.
Not sure where you are setting that. You have to select allow less secure apps in your Google security settings for gmail for it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Not sure where you are setting that. You have to select allow less secure apps in your Google security settings for gmail for it to work.

Yes, I did that. It still did not work so I went with using a mailbox from my own domain.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting. That’s how I send all of my BI notifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk