new computer build, and new win 10 install, can not reach my server !

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I reluctantly went with win 10 pro on a new home computer build (i7-10700k)
I installed BI, and BItools. all that went smoothly, all cams good.
I had BI installed on my Android phone, it worked flawlessly before, reaching my BI pc at home.
I can get email alerts with a pic from pc to my phone

I can not reach server from the phone now.

I had ipctddns working properly, and it seems to be pulling up my computers address properly. I do have express vpn installed, as before (also. with vpn off, getting same errors as below)
I think all the addresses are right.
I go thru the wizard, the first bunch pass, except for the 5th page, final test one. operation timed out - error. canyouseeme returns whats in this page.
The sixth page is OK also.

I'm looking for windows firewall to clue me in on something, but I can't find anything.
my router is untouched from before.

any advice to give - ???

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
In the advanced firewall options, create an inbound rule allowing traffic for TCP protocol on the port you chose for the Blue Iris web server. I find this type of rule more reliable than one that is based on a specific process.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
when you say " advanced firewall options" is that in the PC, the router, or BI? someday i'll be doing this....

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
just getting back to this, very briefly this morning before work. I added the TCP rule, and still no luck.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Following @looney2ns line of thought: For diagnostic purposes, turn off the firewall in windows and see if the issue still persists. Regardless of outcome, be sure to re-enable the windows firewall.

The results will help determine where your efforts will be focused next