New Dahua VTO2101E-P Tcp/ip/SIP doorbell

trevorf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What makes this particularly attractive is that it's PoE, weatherproof and rugged.

Looking at the specs it does seem to have a relay output, SPDT. If that's the case, and the relay is fired by the button press, a doorbell could be wire to the NO contacts of that relay.

Separately, how does audio work with this through BI? Since there is an RSTP stream it should be configurable in BI.

I don’t use BI. I use Homebridge to view the camera. The only audio is passed through sip calls to my mobile - as a Norma phone call.

@trevorf

can you upload some sample daytime and nighttime videos to youtube?

Are you using POE? Working well? Happy?
The quality isn’t anything special, but it’s fine for faces. It is being powered by Poe.

Hi @trevorf ,

I own an X-SECURITY XS-V2101E-IP that it's an OEM version of Dahua VTO2101E-P.

I was wondering if is there a way to change sounds.

I've tried to login via SSH but my login data was not accepted...

Have you changed all the sound?

Best Regards
Salvatore
Again, haven’t bothered. A minor inconvenience that I rarely hear anyway.

Would this record to my dahua nvr? Looking for something that will also record when rung on nvr.
Mine is setup just to save down a photo when the door bell is rung, on my NAS.

Deefa

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @trevorf ,

I own an X-SECURITY XS-V2101E-IP that it's an OEM version of Dahua VTO2101E-P.

I was wondering if is there a way to change sounds.

I've tried to login via SSH but my login data was not accepted...

Have you changed all the sound?

Best Regards
Salvatore
Understanding this reply is super late, but I just found my VTO210 in the cupboard, and had a play with it.
If you are prepared to run the Dahua 'configtool' app, you can upload .mp3 files of your choice, with a 20kb limit. I've had a problem with a selection or two, but most have gone through OK.

trevorf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I since changed my set up, and after updating the firmware there's options to set the stream to 1080p, and I have it integrated with Homekit as a doorbell etc, it's worked out really nicely now.

Not using SIP anymore.