New Guy

Dingoboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all! I have been reading these forums for a while and just now decided to make my introduction. I have used surveillance systems in previous jobs, but have started a job where I manage the security of a 9 building complex with an aging surveillance system in each building. I'm running CAT6 almost every day, and replacing cameras weekly. Needless to say I get my steps in each day! Judging from what I've been reading, many use their systems at a minimum of 50/50 live view vs playback. My system(s) are almost exclusively viewed passively as a request to view something that went wrong. I currently use DVRs from REVO and NVRs from TrendNet and cameras from REVO, TrendNet, and SV3C. There are definitely things I like about all of them and things that make me glad no one is usually around to hear me say. I do most of my playback through VS Player (absolutely in love with this) from the Trend Net systems (have to use REVO proprietary software to view their files - definitely one of the things I hate about REVO). Looking forward to talking and learning more with/from this group!