New here hoping for a little help

Woody70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have Blue Iris 4 and need to know if there is any way to put Blue Iris time and date stamp somewhere other than the center of the video? I have tried moving it to a corner but then it isn't on the video, Thank you for any help.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure about anyone else, but I read somewhere that it is best to not use the overlays in BI if you want to conserve CPU power, so I just use the one built into the camera instead.
Otherwise it is still just a drag and drop thing in BI too. Was just tinkering with mine and noticed that I had to restart the camera to get it to take effect properly. Your mileage may vary.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The easiest, and least processor intensive method, is to use the time stamp in the camera, itself, rather than the BI overlay.

Woody70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, the time stamp from the camera shows on the live feed but not on the recorded video and I can't seem to figure that one out either.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
What brand cameras do you have? I use the camera provided overlay with no problems, mine are Hikvision and Dahua.

Woody70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The camera is a TMEzon Model MZW205CR-A on the camera itself it says MZW206CR-A on the box it came in it has both numbers and some software like Ispy and anycam calls it H264 Model- XM530_RA50X20_8M so I'm not sure exactly what it is.