New Here....I need to secure my perimeter!

nhracecraft

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So, I was in court yesterday AM regarding a 'neighbor issue' (Criminal Trespassing, Disorderly Conduct/Harassment) :mad: , which resulted in Nolo Contendere plea by the defendants and a two year NO Contact Order! Not real confident the 'defendants' will be able to get through the 24 months as we weren't talking about an isolated incident, not even close! That, and I don't trust them, so I've been heavily researching video surveillance cameras/systems, as I need to secure my perimeter!

Today I found ipcamtalk....and now I'm here! :cool:

nhracecraft

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, F.O.X. :cool:

I've pretty much nailed down what I'm looking for, and tonight I'm gonna demo a system built around a similar Dahua NVR to confirm it's what I want. Assuming it checks out, I'll be ready to order equipment and get my system. Can't Wait! :sneakiness:

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, F.O.X. :cool:

I've pretty much nailed down what I'm looking for, and tonight I'm gonna demo a system built around a similar Dahua NVR to confirm it's what I want. Assuming it checks out, I'll be ready to order equipment and get my system. Can't Wait! :sneakiness:
Def recommend continuous regarding and add additional alarms. I'd say use 4-6mm to cover the entire property line bordering their side and if the funds allow, maybe a 2.8mm or two for wider angles. That might be beneficial so you can actually see them exit the property and then approach yours.

You def want the 4-6mm's for better facial recognition. In this case i think its better to have more blank coverage then just the usual choke points that are recommended.

I'd also look into an NTP server if the NVR supports it. Nayr has a good piece of advise right here https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9418-Network-Time-Help?highlight=ntp+server

Better to have all them all synced to the exact same time in case you need to present footage from multiple cameras. If the time hops around, a defense attorney could try and plug holes in that.

Finally, depending on how well the cameras do at night, it would prob be very beneficial to add additional IR lighting.