New Hikvison NVR, unable to add 'remote' cameras?

Reaction score
I just upgraded from an 8-channel NVR (DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S, 4.62 firmware, 8-PoE) to a 16-channel one (DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/S, 5.03.010, 240606 firmware, 16-PoE).
With the 8-ch NVR is was able to add cameras from my network by switching from Plug-and-Play to Manual, I wasn't using any of the PoE ports. With the new 16-ch NVR that is not possible. I am unable to edit the pre-filled-in devices.
I do see my cameras in the 'List of Online Devices' but when I choose one and add it, 'No more channels allowed' is displayed. And since I am unable to edit the pre existing PoE entries, I cannot do anything.
When I directly connect a camera to a PoE port, it works fine. However, still unable to edit.

-I cannot add any of my cameras, which all nicely do show up in the List of Online Devices: 'No more channels allowed'
-I cannot edit any of the prefilled in (PoE) Device parameters, no Plug and Play or Manual option as I had with my previous NVR
-I cannot remove any of the prefilled in (PoE) Device parameters (Delete button grayed out)
-I cannot switch off PoE

This all works fine on my previous 8-channel NVR.

It's driving me nuts, any help is much appreciated!

HikNVR01.jpg

HikNVR02.jpg

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
the new firmware/UI v5.0 is not stable (there are many things which don't work as it should)..

you should raport this to HIK support in Your country..
they collect all problems and send to HIK china to correction..

ps. on Hikvision you will find a longer saga (many posts) about NVR v5 and problems.. You can try to get help there..

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Already contacted HIK support, but no reply yet. And thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
I tried to downgrade to v4 firmware but haven't succeeded yet...

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Reaction score
Check which hardware revision You have... this is extra letter in brackets like (C), (E) etc...
Each HW revision have different firmware...

You can try to find firmware at
on the second forum, there were discussions about reverting firmware from v5...
Thanks, I have the E-model, no v4 firmware available. But also no v5 240606 firmware is offered, which is what I’m running..