New house, 3x cam & nvr required

handyandy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, my first post here - looks like a very friendly and active forum with tons of info!
I have been reading and reading but kind of blown away by the huge variety and combinations to choose from. Then I also dont seem to find some of the model numbers mentioned on places like amazon.nl, so I am seeking advice please.

I'm moving to a new detached house mid 2025 within europe (NL) and planning a fresh security camera set up. It will be 3 cameras mounted at about 2.5m-3m height around the outside of the house: 1) facing the driveway/garage 2) Front garden 3) Rear garden. (Essentially guarding all entrances/exits of the property). The front side of the house will have public street lights, the rear garden is likely to be darker at night.

My wishes are:
  • poe+ powered
  • Performs well at night / ultra low light
  • No spot lights, and ideally no active lighting at all (stealthy camera set up if at all possible)
  • One way audio
  • Visible to crooks but not too big and obvious so that it spooks neighbours
  • Optical zoom probably not needed
  • ptz probably not needed
  • Turret style is probably most suitable for mounting locations
  • A dedicated fanless nvr that also powers the poe+ cameras.
  • nvr playback must be wife friendly too ideally from web browser/ android / apple devices.

We currently have a ring doorbell that works perfect and super user friendly. I was briefly considering 3x stickup elite cams but seems the quality just isnt going to cut it - I could be wrong but cant see it working. And it is cloud based which has both pros/cons.

Budget is about 1000-2000euros but flexible. I'm looking for a very good quality and reliable solution. But I also dont want the cameras to be worth so much that they are the things that get targeted/stolen :)

I'm grateful for your suggestions and recommendstions

mamama

n3wb
Reaction score
Also had similar requirements, went with highly recommended IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3 from @EMPIRETECANDY (he ships to EU).
NVR will be set up on Beelink EQ12 (N100 CPU, really low power consumption 24/7, around 10-25W) mini PC with Coral Dual Edge TPU PCIe (for motion/object detection) and Linux/Docker running Frigate and/or Scrypted NVR and external 8TB WD Red HDD, along with Home Assistant.
Sums to 1k EUR (540 EUR for 3x cams from Andy, 250 EUR for Beelink PC from Amazon, 190 EUR for HDD from Amazon, 50 EUR for Coral Dual Edge TPU from Mouser)