New iDMSS Plus ver 4.70.000 8/22/2019

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Dahua released new iDMSS Plus. They got a progress bar loading indicator now for each of the camera.

1. Optimize user interface
2. Adjust live window quantity for memory play
3. One-click arm/disarm
4. Support SMD Motion Detection
5. Support loopback authentication
6. Fix other problems

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Its pretty.... but Playback (which they now call simply "video") still doesnt work well for reviewing Motion or IVS events.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Really? They still can't get it right? It's been messed up since May. I was hoping this update would have fixed these issues.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
It will playback. But if you choose Motion or IVS only, you still have to sort through all recorded video. Making reviewing events kinda worthless

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If only they can make the app like Ring or Nest apps where can easily click on the motion time and it plays the video. Or clicking on the push alert notification and it opens the playback window showing the video of that motion.

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It does work. When you get a motion event notification or IVS crossline trigger, in iOS, you click the notification. The notification brings you right into the app and then immediately, you push the movie icon. It will then show you the 30 second clip of the event. The event happens at the 15 second mark. So it shows you +/- 15 seconds of the event, 30 second in length. It's been working like this for a while.

They recently added a new feature where for IVS trigger, they will attach a snapshot image into the message. This happens before you begin playback. The snapshot image doesn't work though for motion event, only IVS event. Strange.

mata7

n3wb
Reaction score
is there a way of set the live view to wide screen instead of the fully zoom ipad screen

thanks

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone update yet to 4.80.000 ? Just wondering if the earlier issues with playback have been resolved. Here’s what the update claims to fix.

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My iphone auto-updates. I didn't even know.

The switch to mp4 format is real nice.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
My xr won't open and has an error message on windows, upgrade device or run compatability mode. I can't find compatability mode. Anyone know? My air 2 works fine with the update. Just the iPhone is hosed.

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm on iPhone 6S+ with iOS 12.4. No issues here.

I'm about to go to iOS 13 right now.

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I can’t open on my iPhone after installing iOS 13 I can’t use the cameras. I know about compatibility mode but still nothing. I don’t know what to do

JordanZ

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with "No Record" for event notifications like IVS cross line, etc? Not sure if its my firmware update on the cameras, an app update, ios13 update, or a NVR firmware update but I can't view video clips off the notification like I used to.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I’ll be in your boat as I’m upgrading my iPhone today and going to have to be on iOS 13.1.2 so I’ll have to get the newest version of iDMSS.

If I’m still on older firmware on my NVR and cameras do I have to update the firmware on those with the latest version of iDMSS? I’ve been putting off updating anything because other than the email bug which I’ve addressed with a yahoo account everything for me is still working. I’m a little apprehensive about having issues once I get my new phone and newest iDMSS app.

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with "No Record" for event notifications like IVS cross line, etc? Not sure if its my firmware update on the cameras, an app update, ios13 update, or a NVR firmware update but I can't view video clips off the notification like I used to.
Yes.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I’ll be in your boat as I’m upgrading my iPhone today and going to have to be on iOS 13.1.2 so I’ll have to get the newest version of iDMSS.

If I’m still on older firmware on my NVR and cameras do I have to update the firmware on those with the latest version of iDMSS? I’ve been putting off updating anything because other than the email bug which I’ve addressed with a yahoo account everything for me is still working. I’m a little apprehensive about having issues once I get my new phone and newest iDMSS app.
Just a follow up to anyone upgrading their phone or iOS device. When restoring from iCloud backup my new iPhone on 13.1.3 downloaded the same iDMSS app version that was on my current backup. So I was successfully able to keep my older version 4.31.002 of the iDMSS app before all of these new issues that people are facing. I hope Dahua can look into this.

I did go back into the app and resubscribe to alerts to get notified of tripwires. I didn’t have to do anything to get push notifications. I thought somehow I’d have a problem but I guess it gets sorted out on its own.