New ip cam addict

Bigjebac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys, great forum.
recently installed my hik cctv setup after having a home invasion whilst home. Trying to make the wife feel safe as possible!!! We ended up catching the guy when he returned 2hours later to try steal the wife's new car. He had stolen her handbag with all our keys in it. Unfortunately the cops were there when we got him. It's a sad world we live in when you can't feel safe at home....I am from Australia were unfortunately we cannot do much to burglars other than offer them a coffee. I wish we had the ability to shoot the pricks!!!!

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Bigjebac. Sorry to hear of your troubles, I know from experience breakins are the pits. Must have been all the worse being at home at the time!

Being from Aus too I know what you mean about only being able to offer them coffee. And if they burn themselves they'll probably sue you...

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Criminals in Australia? You're kidding me :D

Bigjebac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Lol it's only getting worse police can no longer chase cars if their speed is excessive so the crooks are free to take our cars. The police said to me they'll be back after the initial theft, but it's not like we can chase them. I said well then you can't stop me from pursuing them neither, they just said, well we would turn a blind eye.