New LED Street Lights in My Neighborhood

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
What a difference this makes. No more AC voltage wave cycles to deal with plus a nice bright white light. Now I have to go back and readjust my cameras. I have already upped the shutter speed on a lot of them. The problem for this time of year is that it does not get dark until after 9PM and I am in bed by then. Hahahahaha. Here is a photo from my overview camera at midnight.

06152024 5F New LED Steet Lights.jpg

Last edited:

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Our city began rolling out LED lights more than eight years ago. :headbang:

Soon after dozens to hundreds of these new lights began to output a purple hue?!? :(

If you’ve ever seen a old school florescent tube light emit the same light colour. You know it has a whole bunch of other random colours mixed in with the (perceived) purple colour.

This specific colour induces eye strain and headaches . . . After this, the so called latest LED generation of lights began to strobe!!

Anyone who knows people with special health issues this can induce a seizure! :angry:

Later found out all of these lights were covered by the manufacturer under warranty. As expected the hundreds of lights turned into thousands of lights that needed to be replaced! :facepalm:

It’s been five years since I reported one specific street light having the problems I noted up above.

The 311 ticket indicates it will be serviced and replaced in 2025 - 2026?!?! :oops:

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I found out the hard way about those strobing fluorescent light way back in 58! The lights were
turned on and out I went! I do hate some of the car light as they strobe too. Even now I close my eyes when
I turn on lights.