New Line of 10th Gen Desktop Processors.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Intel just released some new desktop line of processor it be interesting to see test on these as well in near future..

Would love to specially see the test on this 10900k

Also with these hopefully soon we will see some price drop on old hardware specially 9900k :) :D That be nice !!!

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Pro tip: They are the same internal circuits as the last three generations of desktop CPUs, they just glued a few more cores on the end so the core count can get a bit higher in the lineup.

Intel forgetting how to design x86 processors for an 8 year stretch will go down as one of the biggest stumbles in corporate history.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't remember Intel ever cutting prices on old CPUs. So I doubt it will happen now.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If Blue Iris's sub stream support matures well, it will make faster computers a lot less interesting for BI. I can hardly express how huge the potential performance gains are.

Imagine you have a system with eight 4K cameras all running 15 FPS. That is 995 MP/s (megapixels per second) and takes quite a good CPU to handle.

Now take the same eight cameras and enable Blue Iris to use their sub streams at 704x480 resolution. Assuming again 15 FPS, you now have about 41 MP/s, which is a tiny load that could run on any modern desktop. By using lower resolution video for all the analytics and live view grids, you reduce system requirements so much that the old 15 FPS recommendation will be basically obsolete. Most people will be able to run whatever frame rates they want and still have CPU time to spare.

The biggest remaining performance problem that I don't yet see Blue Iris providing a solution for is timeline-based playback of multiple clips simultaneously. Recordings are all created from main streams. People are going to overwhelm their systems when they suddenly try to play and seek through a bunch of 4K@30FPS recordings via the timeline. The only way around this is to either carefully control how many cameras you play back at once, or for Blue Iris to start using sub streams for recording too. I envision the sub stream being recorded to a second video track in .BVR / .MP4 files so that your clips would contain both the sub-stream and the main-stream recording. I mentioned this to the developer as a possibility some months ago but I don't know if he has any plans to do it.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
So I was working with Ken for my SNC-VB770. He just got back to me few mins ago. this is what he said :)

"Version 5.2.7 adds support for dual-streaming if that makes sense for you as well. You might consider this if there's an extended lag (10+seconds) between displayed live video and reality."

Blueiris keeps getting better YAY Thanks to Ken !!

Also @bp2008 Thank you for your wonderful suggestions always . So Now sub streams will view the camera at 704x480 or what ever reso that is .. but it will record it in full resolution if needs to pull the video from BI ? Correct ?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm waiting for Intel CPU's to hit the 5nm process :p At least this newest generation contains more # of cores

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
So Now sub streams will view the camera at 704x480 or what ever reso that is .. but it will record it in full resolution if needs to pull the video from BI ? Correct ?
Yes. Recordings are definitely always from the main stream.