New Luma x20 Cameras Not Working - Assorted Ports

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Been running Blue Iris for about 5 years. Recently upgraded to some new Luma 820 cameras.

They have an abundance of Port settings in the Network Config. But I can't seem to get BI to link to the camera via any setting I try.

The Camera Network Port Options Are:
HTTP - 80
HTTPS - 443
Data Port - 9008
RTSP Port - 554
Persistent Connection - 8080
Websocket - 7681

There is also a network configuration for HTTP POST - WHich has an option for PROTOCOL - listed as API

And then asks for a Server Address and then has a Server Port filled in for 8082 --- This is NOT enabled normally in the camera.

Any thoughts on how to get the new cameras to work with BI.

Thanks

Dave

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Let's start with the obvious - did you assign them an IP address?

It appears the default IP address for luma is 192.0.0.64 and that may or may not be the IP subnet of your system.

Did you try to add the camera by typing in the IP address, username, and password and hitting find/inspect? BI usually does a pretty good job of finding the right protocol.

If that doesn't pull up the video, then screenshot and past what comes up in the pop-up window when you hit the find/inspect. It may go to two screens so you will have to scroll it.

Reaction score
THANK YOU!!!

I ran the find / inspect. It found the cameras. Strangely they are both the same model and firmware camera and the results were way different. While it didn't change the protocol or the profile settings.

I thought nothing had changed. And then after a minute or 2 the cameras bounced online.

Now both of these camera's are dragging butt in BI. They are running 3-5minutes behind real time.

These were replacement cameras, didn't add any new load to the computer running BI. It has 27 cameras on it, I'm pretty sure the rest of the camera are in real time.

Dave