New member and already have a question :-)

Peri5Cope

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I have recently joined and I already have a question :)

I have a Hikvision NYR DS-7608NI-Q2/8P with 8 channels but only 3 cameras installed. I have used a 20" VGA monitor at 1280 x 1024 /60 Hz but have bought a new 31.5" HDMI monitor at 4K (3840 x 2160) /60 Hz.

The new monitor does not even show the cursor and shows a Split 1+7 Live View. I like the cursor to show up at the new monitor and switch to a Split 2.2 Live View, control the NVR from the new monitor, etc.

How do I do that?

Thanks!

P5C

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the PC is on your home's LAN same as the NVR, then open a browser on the PC to the NVR's LAN IP to open its embedded webGUI.
The NVR's webGUI should be very similar to the monitor/mouse menus on the NVR.
Look for something like "settings' and "display" and see what resolution settings are available.

Last edited:

Peri5Cope

n3wb
Reaction score
If the PC is on your home's LAN same as the NVR, then open a browser on the PC to the NVR's LAN IP to open its embedded webGUI.
The NVR's webGUI should be very similar to the monitor/mouse menus on the NVR.
Look for something like "settings' and "display" and see what settings are available.
Thanks Tony, I found an 'Aux Monitor' setting and now the new monitor substitutes the old one :)
But in my fumbling around, I accidentally disabled the password :(
How do I set a new password?

Edit: I found the password change facility under Configuration > System
I'm all set now :cool:

Last edited:

niamulanan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I have recently joined and I already have a question :)

I have a Hikvision NYR DS-7608NI-Q2/8P with 8 channels but only 3 cameras installed. I have used a 20" VGA monitor at 1280 x 1024 /60 Hz but have bought a new 31.5" HDMI monitor at 4K (3840 x 2160) /60 Hz.

The new monitor does not even show the cursor and shows a Split 1+7 Live View. I like the cursor to show up at the new monitor and switch to a Split 2.2 Live View, control the NVR from the new monitor, etc.

How do I do that?

Thanks!

P5C

To get the cursor to show up on your new 4K monitor and switch to a Split 2.2 Live View, you need to change the NVR's output resolution.
To change the NVR's output resolution:
  1. Log in to the NVR's web interface.
  2. Go to Configuration > System > Display.
  3. Under Output Resolution, select the resolution that matches your new monitor's resolution. In your case, you would select 3840 x 2160.
  4. Click Apply.