New Member looking for guidance

Drbaker58

n3wb
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations on Hikvision cameras and places to purchase.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I, for one, do recommend that you purchase Hikvision cameras and that you purchase them from responsible sellers.

Drbaker58

n3wb
Reaction score
I see recommendations to contact milkisbad for purchasing. It appears I need 5 post before I am allowed to PM. Any other recommendations for places to purchase? thanks

plomaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have several OEM and rebranded Hikvision cube cameras. Some have come from Nelly's Security and the others from Amazon. I don't know which type of camera you are looking for (indoor/outdoor, dome, bullet, turret, cube), but my latest purchases have been indoor Hisecu 1080P for $85.99 each on Amazon. These are rebranded Hikvision DS-2CD2420F-IW and come with English firmware.

Drbaker58

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying to decide between outdoor bullet or turret; 2mp, 3mp, or 4mp.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Turrets over bullets for outside installation: less IR reflection...My experience was...

Dome = IR reflection was common place
Bullet = Occasional IR reflection
Turret = No IR reflection

Drbaker58

n3wb
Reaction score
I only know what I have read. I was thinking 3mp but some discussions said they were 'noisy' ? That 2mp would be clearer at night?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I only know what I have read. I was thinking 3mp but some discussions said they were 'noisy' ? That 2mp would be clearer at night?
How do you intend to monitor the camera...with a Network Video Recorder (NVR) appliance or with a computer running NVR software?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you're going to use an NVR -- and if good "night vision" is one of your prime requirements -- then (depending on your field of view requirements) I would suggest that you consider a 5MP Longse LRDC60S500 with a 3.6mm or 5mm lens. @klasipca runs a LRDC60S500 on a Hikvision NVR.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is a alternate supplier to US other than an approved distrtibutor which I have not seen an approved Hikvision distributor on this forum. There are some guys selling hikvison cameras or re-branded and offering thier own support but, not from Hikvision themsleves. You may want to buy from this forum's re-sellers if you want a US based contact and support. This supplier has always shipped and arrived in 5 days via the DHL option of my 8 cameras a 2132 gave me some hassle which I am working with them to upgrade firmware( I would not buy another dome camera - turrets only) . Don't buy more that 2 at a time or the DHL goons will charge import fees. If you buy a NVR always buy an upgradable "NI" model not a "N" and you can upgrade firmware from Hikvision Europe site. IF you were going for a NVR then I suggest the DS7608NI-I2 models as they run the newest cameras very well as opposed to the "E2" models. I would also add that if I were starting out new I would seriously consider a Dahua system purely based on Nayr's thoughts and experiances. Thought I would add watch out for the cable you buy and make sure its pure copper no "CCA" which is copper clad aluminum usually from China.

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bk14UyiU

as I recall this was a good Dahua supplier:

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/caugBKXm

Last edited by a moderator: