New member thanks to Mat200

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just had a great epiphany this morning on the drive into work. The area under our morning room is unfinished. That is also where I keep the NVR. It would be simple to run 2 cables inside and out of the house at the preferred heights you guys shared. I can leave the other cameras where they are and add 2 more. I think I could benefit from a different type of camera on the front porch so I could move that one to one of the new locations in the back. I also plan on adding a camera at the front door as recommended. If I go hard wired, I have out grown my NVR already. LOL

I've attached a screenshot of my camera view from my porch camera. Would you recommend replacing that with a camera with a wider FOV and better night vision? I see you guys are fond of the starlight cameras.
If you are going to place a cam by the door, that cam is ok. Other than It doesn't need to see so much ceiling, tilt it down some.

digdoug

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have installed all 6 cameras. I wish these cameras had a wider field of view. I can't complain for an all in one system.

Everything was running well until I needed to restart my router. Now I can't access my system from my phone. I know the problem lies somewhere in the settings but I haven't figured it out yet. Google hasn't been helpful. I plan on doing some searching and reading on this website when I have some free time.