New modem- Can't connect to OpenVPN

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just switched from ATT Uverse to Metronet Fiber. I had configured the ATT router/modem NVG589 to be used solely as a modem, passing through to my Asus AC1900 to be used as the router. I used the Asus due to it's OpenVPN functionality and accessed my BI system (on a PC) from outside of the network that way. I had set a static IP on the NVG589 and all worked well until today.

I now had the Nokia ONT G-240G (I think it's technically a modem? No wifi capability since it's just used as passthrough) installed for fiber and plugged into the AC1900 without changing any settings. I am unable to log into the Nokia GUI, I'm not even sure if it has one.

Now that the Nokia is plugged in to the Asus, I cannot connect to OpenVPN from outside my network and, therefore, can't view the cameras. I did switch back to the older NVG589 and it did work, so it seems to be an issue directly related to now using the Nokia.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get this working with the new fiber network? They did offer to bring out an Eero modem/router, which I do believe I can access a GUI in. But I still think OpenVPN and this Asus router should work with the G-240G, I'm just not sure what I'm missing.