New PTZ recomendation

camuse16

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey,

I am looking for a recommendation on a 24ish x IP PTZ? Good resolution, good night vision, and reliable.

Thanks for any comments

Reaction score

camuse16

n3wb
Reaction score
Thoughts on this one? Not sure if these are two different camera's or if they call 4mp, 4k.. Which it is not of course..

PTZ4M-25X-PV PTZ4K-25X-PV

I am considering replacing a SD49225Tn-HN. I found this camera great, but not real happy that it has failed (somewhere around 5/7 yrs old)-maybe this normal, but I have foscams hre that are 17 yrs old, and were much cheaper,and still going strong). The zoom, pan and tilt were barely used... I asked Andy about the reset button (how to use, long press, short press, etc) and no answer from him, he suggested a new replacement only, he commented it may be a board, bad connector, etc. You should be able to get boards to repair These cameras given they are fairly expensive. I thought we (ipcam) got discounts for buying so many cameras from him, but alos was not offered any kind of price, and these are cameras that I originally purchased from him. Anyway, fair enough if that is the way that it is.. I reached out to a supplier to get some wholesale prices on dauha, and I would not be against hik cams either. I have one turret Hik now, and I do not think I ever had as much as a clitch with it. Very reliable. So not stricken to Dauha-found these to be picky at times, in particular after outages-maybe just my luck.

I did not sue the P/T/Z much so I may just replace it with a fixed camera. I also have the 30x camera that I also purchased from Andy. I am in Canada, and prices, customs, duties, and exchange rates are not appealing:)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That camera would be 8MP on the same sensor as your 2MP, so unless you have a lot of light, it would be a bad choice.

See this thread for someone that has had some luck with DIY on your existing camera.

camuse16

n3wb
Reaction score
That camera would be 8MP on the same sensor as your 2MP, so unless you have a lot of light, it would be a bad choice.

See this thread for someone that has had some luck with DIY on your existing camera.

Mine seems to be a different issue. It starts up, initializes, (rotates,the ir lights come on and off, it stops, and runs, but not visible, through config, or amcrest software (which normally sees these cams). I see all the ip and mac address of the other cams on the network, but nothing from this one. It dropped out of blue iris one night, and that was it. Same happened to it a few weeks back but I was able to find it and set it back up. At that time it reset with a different IP aadress, not the catory 108, whci was odd. Short of having bards to swap, I dont think there is much hope.