New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I run a Mac, but I would be willing to consider having this just run "headless" in a closet somehere. I'm assuming once set up, I would be able to access everything from a client or browser..
Correct. I run 22 cameras on a $200 refurbished Dell (it was $425 at the time). That doesn't include the external drive bay that I'm using to store footage, but you may not need that much storage if you're running fewer cameras. I bought another of those same boxes to build my parents' BI system for them, and I put a 4 TB HDD in the HDD bay and moved the boot SSD into the optical bay. Works fine for 8 cameras.

I do all my watching and reviewing from Chrome, and RDP into the box (from my Mac) only to do setup and maintenance tasks.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Correct. I run 22 cameras on a $200 refurbished Dell (it was $425 at the time). That doesn't include the external drive bay that I'm using to store footage, but you may not need that much storage if you're running fewer cameras. I bought another of those same boxes to build my parents' BI system for them, and I put a 4 TB HDD in the HDD bay and moved the boot SSD into the optical bay. Works fine for 8 cameras.

I do all my watching and reviewing from Chrome, and RDP into the box (from my Mac) only to do setup and maintenance tasks.
That's great - I know a lot of people love BI - would for sure consider it after I get this thing running correctly....I had an RCA doorbell and it was very dependable, albeit the video quality was not great. I'm also considering the new TP Link Doorbell that's brand new ..

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, I see now you were referring to another poster :) I haven't tried any other version. I'm on Firmware Ver. 3.0.0.2676_23090700. What version are you on? Considering I am getting an authentication errors, it's either the user name or the password (or both.) Using the standard admin user name and set the password up when I was configuring. How do we change the password for the camera?
I am on an older version. Probably need to upgrade sometime but it is working fine presently.

1711150062311.png

Since your DB is connected to the NVR you may not have access to the DBs webpage or client, sorry I don't have a branded NVR since I use BI.

To change the name/password on your DB you will need to get to the DBs web interface or Client software.
1711149675192.png

Again, you may need to take the DB off your NVR since they have their own subnet (IP Range), different than your network.

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am on an older version. Probably need to upgrade sometime but it is working fine presently.

View attachment 190255

Since your DB is connected to the NVR you may not have access to the DBs webpage or client, sorry I don't have a branded NVR since I use BI.

To change the name/password on your DB you will need to get to the DBs web interface or Client software.
View attachment 190254

Again, you may need to take the DB off your NVR since they have their own subnet (IP Range), different than your network.
Thanks - I can get into the web interface and also the client, but that looks like the password for the users, not the doorbell. Or is that the same thing :) I have no idea why the DB let's me connect to the NVR via ONVIF, but not VLC, etc. Btw, how smooth is the recording with BI? Any choppiness? Also, I just created a new admin user and VLC still won't let me in (prompts me for user and password - enter them correctly - denied.)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks - I can get into the web interface and also the client, but that looks like the password for the users, not the doorbell. Or is that the same thing :) I have no idea why the DB let's me connect to the NVR via ONVIF, but not VLC, etc. Btw, how smooth is the recording with BI? Any choppiness?
That is the User for the Doorbell. You can just setup more than one user and set admin privilege or not.

This is the URL I use in VLC:
admin(colon)password
1711150534468.png

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Using the same format - it brings up the user name and password box and won't let me in. I have some setting wrong, clearly.