New system with no internet connection

mikem

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm going to install a Hikvision six camera system at our lake house. We don't have internet so all I was planning on doing was setting up motion record and if something happens I'll have video to look back on. After I hook them up using plug and play what else would I need to do if I'm not running them through a router?. Should I still hook them up to a router at my home and go through the network setup before taking them to the lake house? Or will they play fine just loading them right onto the NVR and then using the NVR to configure?

Thanks

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if your just going to manage it from the display, it can run w/out a router.. I'd put it on a battery backup so any lil power glitches wont leave it in a bad state while your away.

mikem

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks nayr. Will do on battery backup. Any recommendations on brand or model?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
APC, CyperPower, Tripp Lite all make good stuff.. since they are heavy and have batteries in em they are usually best to source locally.. as shipping em aint cheap.. im sure your local office supply or electronics stores will have a few models available for cheap on Black Friday.

any of them will keep you up durring brown outs, but the bigger the battery the longer the runtime for an actual blackout.. brownouts do far more damage than blackouts and more likely to leave the NVR or Cameras in a bad state.

Last edited by a moderator:

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm going to install a Hikvision six camera system at our lake house. We don't have internet so all I was planning on doing was setting up motion record and if something happens I'll have video to look back on. After I hook them up using plug and play what else would I need to do if I'm not running them through a router?. Should I still hook them up to a router at my home and go through the network setup before taking them to the lake house? Or will they play fine just loading them right onto the NVR and then using the NVR to configure?
If the Hik cameras you have can use micro SD/memory card, I would use that too. But being on a remote location, if the NVR gets stolen, at least you will have a copy of the last recordings stored on the camera internal memory card.
Also, try to hide the NVR!