New to Cameras and ipcamtalk :)

SlimCookie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello! Just as the title states, I'm new to ipcamtalk.

I have a property that is fairly close to the street (roughly 35'). I currently have a Nest camera in my garage and a Nest doorbell camera. I currently use Ubuiquiti mesh routing and was going to go the Ubiquiti video camera route but after reviewing the pricies and comparing them to other makes/models. I can't justify the cost. I'm fairly new to the security camera arena, but I'm a fast learner! :)

My goal: Coverage of front driveway (potentially from 2 angles; left and right). Backyard would potentially have 1 or 2 cameras doing the same thing as the front (capturing from two different angles).
Camera Requirements: Since I live on the main road into my community, there is fair amount of traffic and walkers. I would prefer to have a more subtle camera(s) being placed under the soffit on both rear and front zones. POE
Front -
Back:

Thanks- Slim

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I too am running Ubiquiti from a network standpoint but also stayed away from their cameras. Very pricey and the Dahua Starlight model cameras are much cheaper and perform much better at night.