New to HikVision system, Help

disisme

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone , I'm new here and new to having the watchful eye of cameras on my home. I have the I7604N1TA Hikvision IP Security Camera Kit with 4 Channel NVR and 4 x 1080p Dome Cameras purchased from Aartech Canada , it comes with DS-7604NI-EV1/4P NVR and 4 DS-2CD2120F-I dome cameras. I installed the cameras myself and my sons friend setup the NVR to view on my laptop , I downloaded and installed Hik Connect to use on my Iphone and it veiws fine.
My apology's as I'm not to savvy at all with computer stuff and so comes my struggle to try to figure out how to get this setup so I can get a text alert on my phone ( if possible ). I can sit down at the laptop and view alerts through the Alarm Event tab screen although all the alerts seem to be only on one camera ( the front steps and car camera ) , there has been movement through the side door but the Alarm Event tab doesn't show it and I'm a bit leary with changing camera names etc as really I don't understand what I'm doing.

If I can get some input on getting this setup I would really greatly appreciate it. I did call tech support and they said they don't support this part of the system setup
I added a couple screen shot photos , hopefully I upload them ok
Thanks
Lynn