New to IP-Camera's/HIKVision setup

Reaction score
Hello Folks.

I've bought and installed a HIKVision 2032, I'm new to the usage of Cameras and tried google and youtube my answers without any luck, so here I am.

The setup is just a single Camera connected to my home-network and using a (POE) Switch to power/connect it.

The Camera is working this much, i can type in the IP-Address and enter the username/code and watch a live feed on my computer.

Alot of questions now:

1. iVMS 4200 (PC) - It can find my Camera, however it will not show a live feed. (Why?)
2. iVMS 4500 (iPhone) - Can I connect my iPhone so I can watch a live feed, as long my computer is on?
3. Can I use my own computer as a recording device, instead of buying a very expensive DVR-Recorder or whatever its called?

Any help would be very usefull, thanks alot in advance guys!

BG: Daniel

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't answer 1 and 2, but the answer to 3 is yes, absolutely. I think the iVMS software can do recording, once you get it working that is. Otherwise there are a lot of free and inexpensive camera recording softwares, such as Blue Iris ($60), Milestone Xprotect Go (free, with limitations), Genius Vision (free, with fewer limitations).