newbe and testing new water

crescent

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have purchased two Hikvision DS-2CD2132F cameras. Both from Amazon and are US version.

One was an open box, suffix -is 2.8mm. I tried the software from diskette in the box and was allowed to activate the camera with the "create new password" dialog box. Then I attempted to change the IP Address and the Gateway to 192.168.0.64 and .1 respectively. I used Name:Admin and Password: 12345. Then I tried admin and my new pasword. All attempts resulted in "Modification Denied". Then I changed my router to 192.168.1.1 gate way (start and ending address as well) and tried both passwords again with the same results. Then I removed the software from the diskette installation and installed the latest SAPD tool. Tried all the same attempts with the SAPD and again the results were the same. I also tried to access the camera directly through Firefox. I got the Hikvision Password dialogue box and I tried admin and 12345 and the new password the error message was "access denied".

I moved on to the second camera, suffix -i 4mm. Using the SAPD tool I activated the camera by Create new Password and this camera switched to activated. When I tried to change any of the settings the error code was "Time Out". By settings I mean the same changes as above and turning on and off DHCP. The results using either password with any of the previous conditions results in the same message "Time Out" only slightly different from the first camera. I've read in the forums multiple versions of how to reset the cameras but none from Hikvision that I could find.

One forum user wrote that IpV4200 would work better than SAPD but the Hikvision support site doesn't seem to offer it. I could see it in a Youtube of an installation of a different camera so If anyone knows where I should look for that I'll try it.

crescent

n3wb
Reaction score
Using IE at the address 192.168.1.64 I get the Hikvision dialogue box asking for user name and password I tried admin and 12345 as well as the activation password. The same result occurs as Firefox... "User name or password incorrect"

crescent

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried the password reset tool that bp2008 posted. It didn't work. He disclaimed the performance after v5.3.0.

Caps lock is off. Thanks though. I'm hoping for a simple solution like that.