Newbie—Upgrading Camera System & Appreciate any suggestions

Reaction score
I own a horse farm & stream cameras to monitor the horses when they have babies. I set the current mess of a system up like 10 years ago & replaced cameras and pieces a little at a time.
It just doesn’t work well and I’m constantly having to manage it. I currently have a cat5 that runs in my garage to a POA switch (I believe). Then an unground Cat5 that runs from that switch out to the barn 130ft to another switch. Then we have 8 Foscam IP cameras connected directly to that switch.
In the house I have a DVR connected to the computer & use OBS to scream to Loola Tv that shares it to our website, tiktok, YouTube etc.

The cameras constantly switch Ip addresses, and have to be manually reconnected. Every power flicker the whole system goes down and I have to reconnect it all with troubles of the DVR not finding the camera then they suddenly appear, Loola not finding the DVR stream etc etc. I also have no sound and I would like sound on the cameras so viewers can hear the sounds of the barn.
I’m looking to replace everything. I need 6 cameras in the barn, and 6 outside the barn.

I would love sone way of viewing on my phone when I’m not connected to Wi-Fi, I would love night vision, Pan and tilt on the inside ones are great.
I would love to buy part and to continue to add on cameras to get to the 12–2 are a must have at this moment as I have a foal due in a month.
I would eventually like cameras on my home which is at the same location—just for security reasons. Currently have Zmodo cameras on the house, driveway etc.

Is Lorex a good brand? Any NVRs that work with Foscam so I can continue to use the 3 new cameras I bought last year.

thank you so much for all your thoughts. Looking for reasonably priced, a growable system to keep initial cost controlled.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
The IP switching of the cameras should be able to be stopped by setting " Static" Ip addresses inside each Camera's user interface. At least thats what I've learned so far. Not experienced with who makes the cams for Foscam. they could be Hikvision or Dahua rebrands, not sure. If they are, they have static or Dhcp Ip options.