newbie: audio warning on motion detection

Reaction score
Hi all, i hope i can get some advice.. im speccing out a cctv system for the house we are restoring, and researching like mad to make sure i get the right stuff. at some point i will get into BlueIris and customised AI stuff, but for now i just want something relatively plug and play. Ive already worked out suitable camera locations, and the electrician will run cat6 cable to those points. After a fair bit of reading, i contacted Empiretech (Andy) for a quote on 8 IPC color 4k-t cameras, and a suitable NVR. he suggested their NVR5-el.

one of the concepts behind my system is to cover all approaches to the house, and provide not only a recording of any intruders, but also to trigger a "low-level" audible warning before they arrive at the actual house and set the alarm off. the sensors of the alarm will be placed in such a way that somebody needs to actually attempt entry to trigger it.

This way i might avoid terrorising the neighbours or our dog by triggering the alarm every time there is a false positive.

This all sounded perfectly doable, until i discovered that, of all the IPC-color 4k cameras, the T version is the only one that does not feature a speaker or 2 way communication. This is a shame as the X version is so much more bulky and the wife is already a bit "unenthusiastic" about sticking cameras all over the place.

now i note that both the NVR and the cameras feature an audio out... However it is not clear to me if, using settings on the NVR or cameras, i can utilise an external active speaker connected to one of these audio outputs, to do what i wish ( pre-recorded audio warning on AI person detection)

i saw that the NVR has some kind of features for this kind of thing, but the review said "on cameras which support it" no mention of external speakers etc..

even if it does work, Given there are 8 cameras, it would be unfortunate if i have to purchase 8 active speakers to make sure that each camera can give a warning.. this leads me to consider using the NVR audio out (unless any camera can trigger audio out on another/all cameras? )

however, again, i am confused as it seems that if i connect external speakers to the nvr audio output, every time i play back old footage, ill be playing the sound in the garden.

phew, i think i have explained my confusion. any advice, ideally on these specific devices, would be most apprecated. ive been messaging with Andy, but i dont want to keep bombarding him with questions..

many thanks, Robin.