Newbie Here - This may be A stupid Questions - Apologies in Advance

aztech

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm trying to get back into the CCTV game after being out of it for a few years.
I've been doing a lot of research and have just purchased some HIKVISION gear to test and setup.

Lots of Suppliers on Ebay claim "FIRMWARE CANT BE UPGRADED" or "ORIGINAL ENGLISH VERSION FIRMWARE CAN UPGRADE"

Obviously the Firmware that can be upgraded is usually around $60 - $100 more expensive.

Does this mean that it's Original Stock?
And Why can't the firmware be upgraded on the camera's / dvrs using the traditional, Download firmware then upgrade tool within the camera interface.

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I've done some googling but nothing concrete so I Figured I'd ask the experts.

Cheers
Aaron From Australia

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm no expert but I give you my short answer. You can upgrade all of them. If it says you can't it means that it will get stuck or in best case go into Chinese mood. Then it's hardware coded for Chinese region. If you buy a English version you can hopefully upgrade with English firmware and it's coded with European region. You can not (easily anyway) change the region.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk