Newbie with smart pss software software questions on IVS and missing notifications

kgaz1

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 different locations monitoring pools running essentially same stuff. One location works beautifully -- someone crosses the tripwire and a notification makes its way to my phone (iPhone now running the DMSS software). The second location used to also send notifications when someone crossed the trip line but now I get maybe one or no notifications in a day of what should be 20 or 30 notifications. I can view the live video at the location with no issue and I can view playback. In playback I can see the trip line turn red when someone crosses it -- yet no notification to my phone. I've had the internet provider check out the connection -- they see no issue. The camera provider/installer has checked out their stuff and sees no issues -- yet the problem persists. No one seems to know where to go next. I don't believe the issues is on the iPhone side since I get all expected notifications from one location and the occasional random notification from the 2nd location. The internet connection is not bogged down -- most of the time all that is happening is that a notification should be pushed out (no other traffic unless I am going in to look at playback or live view)

My second question is around the Smart PSS software and tripwires. When system was set up by a 3rd party originally I was able to use Smart PSS V2.01 on Windows to configure IVS and tripwires. I am still able to get in to modify tripwires on that system. I'm about to get rid of that system and my newer system has Smart PSS V2.02 and I can not seem to find how to update or change my tripwires which I'm doing as I attempt to figure out what is wrong with the above problem. The wiki (IVS:Tripwire - Dahua Wiki) indicates that I should go to live view, right click, get an IVS config option and be able to basically do the same but when I go to live view, right click on camera I do not get an IVS config option -- I get a smart track config option but it wants a fisheye camera which I don't have. I'm puzzled on where to look next. I don't want to get rid of my old system until I can ensure I can make updates on the newer version of Smart PSS

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Cameras are Dahua N51BL22 (5MP IP DOME 2.8MM STARLIGHT.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Very hard to say without a lot of back and forth, but two things to think about:

1- various SmartPSS versions have various little quirks
2- I always recommend making all image and event (esp. IVS) changes on the camera itself. Sometimes using the NVR or SmartPSS to make these settings doesn’t correctly synch with the camera.

kgaz1

n3wb
Reaction score
Very hard to say without a lot of back and forth, but two things to think about:

1- various SmartPSS versions have various little quirks
2- I always recommend making all image and event (esp. IVS) changes on the camera itself. Sometimes using the NVR or SmartPSS to make these settings doesn’t correctly synch with the camera.
thanks...my understanding is to do this I must use IE with plugins is that correct? For some reason if I launch the web link and it brings up the default (firefox) browser I can at least log on to the interface but it tells me I must install the plugins. If I use IE to go to that same ip address it won't recognize the same userid/pw that I put in on firefox so I kind of gave up on this.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Check firmware versions on NVR's and IPC's... To send notification to Apple device that devices must have a newest apple certificate (which is part of newest firmwares)...
If web interface of NVR/IPC tell You to install plugins You probably have older versions of firmware...

Also check network config for gateway and dns configuration...

kgaz1

n3wb
Reaction score
Check firmware versions on NVR's and IPC's... To send notification to Apple device that devices must have a newest apple certificate (which is part of newest firmwares)...
If web interface of NVR/IPC tell You to install plugins You probably have older versions of firmware...

thanks..will check that next.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
thanks...my understanding is to do this I must use IE with plugins is that correct? For some reason if I launch the web link and it brings up the default (firefox) browser I can at least log on to the interface but it tells me I must install the plugins. If I use IE to go to that same ip address it won't recognize the same userid/pw that I put in on firefox so I kind of gave up on this.
try Pale Moon 32bit.

One way or other you really need to be able to get into the camera GUI and start making image and event settings there.

kgaz1

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks..will check that next.
2 things (not sure which) fixed it. Upleveled the firmware. Also on record the intelligent auto was missing. Not sure why we would get 1 notification through out of 20-

upleveled the firmware and found that the intelligent auto on the record setting was missing. Both those things were changed and now notifications are coming in.

Last edited: