newby needs your valuable help with set up

moatboys

n3wb
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Hello everyone
I Have 3 cameras, DS-2CD2142FWD firmware 5.3.3 and 1 network recorder DS 7608NI-E2 firmware 3.3.4 all of it is from a UK supplier in colour boxes etc, my problems started as I had the cams and recorder in the loft and using a mains network plug I was trying to set it up via a desktop in the lounge, I installed ivms4200 and the sadp tool and went through setting up user names and passwords 3 times but still could not access the network box, then the penny dropped and I went back in the loft and connected a monitor and mouse to the network box and completed the set up Doh ! [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I then went back downstairs to the desktop and uninstalled IVMS and Sadp tool hoping that would reset any password/username settings but it has not, I was asked for a username and password when I reinstalled IVMS and I can see the recorder on IVMS but I get login or password error also with SADP all I can see is the recorder and in the total of online devices it shows as one, if I click on it opens up a web page for username and password when I put it the same as I used for IVMS it says its wrong, I am sure its all down to me trying to set up the network box from the desktop before I had done the initial set up direct to the network drive in the loft. Please Help[/FONT]

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hikvision devices as of Summer 2015 (firmware 5.3.x for cameras, around 3.2.x-3.3.x for recorders) introduced "Activation" which means the devices have no default passwords. From here on out, it's safe to assume Hikvision's default of Admin/12345 will no longer work on anything. With that being said, it sounds like you activated the NVR already. The login it is looking for is the administrator one, so hopefully you remember and weren't changing that password each time you were attempting to setup the NVR.

Make sure you are running the latest version of SADP:
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Software/00 Software Tool Package/01 SADP Tools/new/V3.0.0.2/&file=SADP_v3.0.0.2build20150911.zip

Avoid iVMS for setup - it's very clunky and isn't explicitly required. SADP and the web interface is sufficient, NVR interface is good too. In SADP, when you see your device, does it say Security is Active or Inactive? This indicates the activation status as I described above. IVMS is asking for login credentials not to setup the NVR, but simply to connect to it as a client. That has no bearing as far as setup is concerned, which is another reason I tell people to avoid it because that can be confusing.

When using the mouse and monitor directly on the NVR, does it let you authenticate? In some cases I have found that passwords that Hikvision does not deem strong (x number of characters, 1 each of capital letters, numbers or special characters), will allow login on the NVR directly but not remotely. Perhaps I was doing something wrong, but changing the password to a strong password took care of that in my case.

Try logging on directly on the recorder and see what your findings are and report back. That's step 1 to see where the login failures are occurring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moatboys

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the very helpful reply,I have as you’ve said got the latest SADP and now you have told me whichpassword the web interface was asking for I am now able to log in but still cannot seem to activate the cameras, when I try the default ip address192.168.1.64 nothing, also when I enter the camera management page theactivation tab is greyed out and they are still not showing up in SADP
Custom ProtocolQuick AddDeleteModifyAdd
Channel No.IPAddressChannel No.Management PortSecurityStatusProtocolConnect
D01192.168.254.1018000N/AOnlineHIKVISION
D02192.168.254.218000N/AOnlineHIKVISION
D03192.168.254.318000N/AOnlineHIKVISION
D04192.168.254.418000N/AOffline(IPcamera does not exist)HIKVISION
D05192.168.254.618000N/AOffline(IPcamera does not exist)HIKVISION
D06192.168.254.718000N/AOffline(IPcamera does not exist)HIKVISION
D07192.168.254.818000N/AOffline(IPcamera does not exist)HIKVISION
D08192.168.254.918000N/AOffline(IPcamera does not exist)HIKVISION
UseAdmin Password
Password
Valid password range [8-16]. You can use acombination of numbers, lowercase, uppercase and special character for yourpassword with at least two kinds of them contained.
Confirm
©HikvisionDigital Technology Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Activating the cameras and establishing a connection between them and the NVR are not the same thing. Activation is nothing more than setting the device password. SADP on your main network is only ever going to show the NVR, it will not show the cameras protected behind the PoE switch. For that you need to connect your computer via Ethernet (don't worry, it won't fry anything) to the PoE switch along with your cameras. At that point you will see your NVR (twice in some cases), and all of your IPCs. At that point you can individually configure, activate, and manipulate anything you want with those 3 cameras. Try this and see if it gets you anywhere.

pghcamman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Go into the NVR and turn on virtual host and as long as you are connected to the same network you can access the cameras wirelessly.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
He said he's not getting them activated, which means there's a connection or addressing problem yet his copy/paste of the camera table shows 3 cams online which would indicate there's not a thing wrong. Otherwise virtual hosts is the easiest way to go as far as individually managing the cams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk