Next-door child 10 seconds from getting run over by other neighbor

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And how did that mom restrain herself from taking that scooter and beating the crap out of the driver with it? Or was that part cut from the video LOL

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Jeez, that video is nuts! I was expecting the kid on the scooter to veer into the road and the neighbour to near miss him. When the kid left the scooter I was wondering where this was going and then BHAM! Kid was super lucky, any ideas why he went inside, whoever called him saved his life.

As for the neighbour, you should show him the video as to how close he was to killing a neighbours child!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am amazed at how many LEO don't wanna cite. I was rear-ended many years ago by someone clearly high on something and I couldn't convince the officer to send the person for a drug screening.

More recently, 4 months ago we had some teenage kids go thru the neighborhood at 2am and busted out car windshields on several cars. My starlight cams caught it all in color and audio and LPR clearly got plates and when I took it to the police, they wouldn't even take it as evidence. They simply didn't wanna be bothered with it, so now I have 5 neighbors paying for new windows themselves...
I'd be visiting the city council, and the mayor. And invite the media to come along.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Contact the Mayor and let him know you're going to email the video to the press. It's not too late.
I'd be visiting the city council, and the mayor. And invite the media to come along.
Yea, if my property was damaged I would make a bigger deal. I was simply being neighborly and trying to provide the videos to the police to assist them, which they declined.

I gave each neighbor a copy of the videos for them to do as they see fit. I will pass that suggestion on. I know one neighbor was using a PI from work to find out the owner, but haven't heard if he did anything with it.