Night Owl 1080p DVR with Lorex LW4211 1080p camera

ccryan2000

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Night Owl 1080p DVR system (Night Owl CAM-AHD10-8) that I have 6 1080p BNC cameras running to and I wanted to add an 7th 1080p BNC camera to. I wanted a wireless BNC camera and so I chose the Lorex LW4211, but it doesn’t display on my Night Owl DVR. I have tried several settings on that camera port and also moving it around to ports that were working and it still isn’t recognized. I set it all up right next to the DVR to try and troubleshoot. Any ideas on how to make this 1080p BNC camera work with my existing 1080p BNC DVR? Thanks!

ajwitt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't believe that DVR is wireless so it will not work, even with the contraption that Lorex may provide....plus a lot of times you have to match manufacturers when using a DVR/NVR system - not always, but certainly adds a wrinkle to it. Plus wifi in general should be avoided.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the AHD10-16 dvr. Does the camera work plugged in direct? if not it's probably not compatible. I have a mixed bag of Camera's on mine. Nothing over 2mp will run. you can run Swann, Amcrest, Zosi, etc. I see yours on Amazon. But i see only 9 answered questions for it. By the way, Nightowl is Hikvision and Lorex is Dahua. So you could have have compatibility issues ( maybe).