(no advertising!) What do you think about our iA cloud ?

matswk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everybody !

I'm a professionnal installer in France / Belgium (working mainly with Dahua / HIK etc) and we developped a Cloud iA service for our own needs.

I explain :
Most of cameras are able to send snapshots / small videos to a FTP server (or even thru email).
Most cameras I tried are quite poor at detecting people in a reliable way (even the expensives one... I tried many, not all of course, but a lot).
It lacks the computing power needed... or if you want to implement iA, it cost a lot.

So, we decided to hire a data-scientist, some developpers and we made our proper iA solution. For us, it works really really well.
When the camera detect a mouvement or anything --> it send it to our cloud, the cloud analyse it in 150ms and decide if a human is on the pictures or not.

We made quite a huge machine, very powerfull... even overpowerfull for our needs (15 machines, we're talking about petaflops).
So, we have a lot to share... maybe it's a good idea to open our cloud server to people who want the same service ?

What do you think about ?
We're talking about a cheap thing, a monthly fee and you can send X pictures per month etc (in order to avoid poorly tuned cameras).
For you it's interesting because you don't need to maintain such monster (and feed it with electricity etc) and we use our computers a little more.

It's just my two cents... I've no idea if someone would be interested in such solution and it's not a kind of "advertising". We're just questioning ourselve right now.
Would it be a "magic wand" or is it totaly useless for you guys ?

For us it's so powerfull that we can "remove" infra-red sensors. We bust anybody who enter the perimeter (if the camera see clearly of course).

So, just need your 2 cents as well :) (and again, no advertising here... we'll not turn rich with with that idea I guess).

Thanks

Attachments