No clips since the 13th. Caused by update?

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Neither BI or the web server are showing any clips since the 13th of September. New clips are going to drive D, others to BI on C: The alerts folder on C: is empty. So is the stored folder.

I admit that this clip storage scheme has never made one bit of sense to me. Whenever I select all clips in the web server I only get a handful of older clips. When i select Alerts (when it was working) I'd get all the motion triggered clips. I assume that "Alerts" are the motion triggered clips but I could be wrong since it makes no sense to me.

And yes, I've read the manual, etc. and it's as clear as mud.

I just want to get Alerts working again like they did before September 13th. Any help much appreciated.

I'd just like to add I tried setting Alerts to drive D and got "Folders must be discrete and not subfolders of one another. Drive D has no folders at all.

So if the alerts are being saved to Drive D then what's the purpose of the Alerts folder on drive C?

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The 5.6.x release changed something about the clip database and broke old databases and doesn't fix it automatically.

Right click any clip in the Blue Iris local console, choose Database > Repair/Regenerate. This takes several minutes depending on how many clips you have, and during the repair Blue Iris will be unable to record anything. But once it is done, all your clips should show up again and things should work normally.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did that update affect alerts at all? I have clips since the 5.6 update, but my alerts stopped earlier this month. I am using AI, and it times out. Here is an example:

1664229021832.png

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, bp2008. It took quite a while, but the database has been repaired/regenerated.

Jacksonspop1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The 5.6.x release changed something about the clip database and broke old databases and doesn't fix it automatically.

Right click any clip in the Blue Iris local console, choose Database > Repair/Regenerate. This takes several minutes depending on how many clips you have, and during the repair Blue Iris will be unable to record anything. But once it is done, all your clips should show up again and things should work normally.
THAT FIXED MINE TOO

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
FINALLY someone that looked around before posting yet another similar thread LOL :lmao:
I made the mistake of doing all the research before I looked in anticipation of all the questions:facepalm:

Blue Iris version #

Camera Models and how they trigger

Storage status

Screen shots

Etc

:rofl:

OBXJeepGuy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Same here. Fixed mine after the latest update (5.6.2.3), and stopped getting alert clips Friday afternoon. DB repair brought all of it back. Thanks!