No ColorVu on DS-7608 after upgrade from DS-7604?

JohnH

n3wb
Reaction score
I've recently changed from a Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1 to a DS-7608NI-K2 as I wanted to add more cameras.

However I cannot get ColorVu to work on the 8 camera 76 series k2, but it worked fine on the 4 camera 76 series k1.

Are there some settings I can look at for this, or is the newer K2 model not supportive of ColorVu? The cameras themselves have settings unchanged, I just added their IP's to the new NVR.

Thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What do you mean? ColorVu is simply a marketing term for a camera that is full time color and doesn't represent an actual feature that can be toggled off and on.

JohnH

n3wb
Reaction score
What do you mean? ColorVu is simply a marketing term for a camera that is full time color and doesn't represent an actual feature that can be toggled off and on.
The issue is when I look at footage from at night on the new NVR it's dark and black and it looks like colorvu is not working. On the last NVR the same cameras were color at night.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Again, colorvu is just a marketing term - it is not a feature that works or doesn't work.

What you are describing is an issue with the camera settings.

What I suspect is that the new NVR is feeding different parameters to the camera than what you previously set up. Maybe it is running faster shutters (faster shutters at night will darken the image) or it just by default is not as bright and you need to up the values. Or mabye the old NVR was setup for the white LED lights to be on and they aren't in this one.

It is settings that are different.