No info displayed in Mini PTZ v2 web interface, can't change settings

HDClown

n3wb
Reaction score
Ordered a Mini PTZ v2 from Huisun store on Ali on Monday 3/7 and received it today, Friday 3/11. It arrived in an undamaged package and everything looked fine. But, it seems to have some kind of software issue. I can browse to the web interface and login, but it shows no data about the device. None of the screens with settings show any detail. The maintenance screen doesn't show what software is on it. When I try to upload new firmware it never open up the window indicating it's transferring the firmware. The camera doesn't show up in HIK-SADP either.

I've powered it from a PoE adapter and from a DC 12V 2A power supply, same result. It goes through a brief power-on sequence where it tilts up slightly, pans to the left about 170 degree (looking at it from the front) and then pans back 170 degrees and tilts down slightly.

Is this thing basically DOA and I'm screwed with having to deal with getting it replaced?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
This can happen when a)using non IE browser b) Plugin is blocked c) Plug is not installed

HDClown

n3wb
Reaction score
This can happen when a)using non IE browser b) Plugin is blocked c) Plug is not installed
Seems like the issue was not having the plugin installed. That's an unusual requirement just to be able to configure the device. The Hikvision camera I have doesn't require the plugin just to configure.

Is there a plugin for Mac?