No link issues with uniview system

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Any help or suggestions on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Ive installed a 64 channel NVR and 2x 24 port switches for indoor cameras and a 32 channel NVR and 1x 24 port set for outdoor cameras. ( all uniview) .

C622E83D-8B57-472B-9C92-F6E271AC4B01.jpegFE2A5C8B-BEFC-4858-8783-8747DFC678F5.jpeg
every thing was working great for months.
then cameras on the indoor 64 channel and 1 Poe switch NVR started dropping cameras with a “No link” message.
898F5F4E-9680-4348-8BED-C86A6981A66D.jpeg

as time went on it got worse with more cameras going “no link” and did fry a Poe switch . replaced switch and all was good for a couple months, then it would happen again. Replaced switch again. Figured it was a heat issue so I Removed sides off rack and added a big fan to vent room better. Worked for a month or so and again Multiple cameras with “no link” issue again
9B1EC3CE-2CC7-4AE4-A60A-54F329892586.jpegI’m confused and maybe this is beyond my skill set. Thanks!
6EA358E9-8DA5-4880-8254-D854A738229A.jpeg
Hard drive bays.

Last edited:

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmm Tech support thinks it’s a bad wire somewhere that can’t handle the bandwidth..?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow Dude, are those Uniview Switches ? Is it the same switch? in the same location that you think is failing, Could you try to use a POE tester to see what the draw is on each run, and possibly isolate it.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow Dude, are those Uniview Switches ? Is it the same switch? in the same location that you think is failing, Could you try to use a POE tester to see what the draw is on each run, and possibly isolate it.
Yes, starting with the patch cords.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, starting with the patch cords.
I know they have poe testers that can show delivered power, I think it might be texas POE, I have some of their gear but not a poe tester from them. Do you any PTZ's on that switch. It is happening at night, did the night lighting change and Invoking a IR load that was not there before, just throwing that out there.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
I know they have poe testers that can show delivered power, I think it might be texas POE, I have some of their gear but not a poe tester from them. Do you any PTZ's on that switch ?
No ptz's but will definitely look into a real tester, could save me alot of time.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Sometimes, you really have to be a detective, Did anybody else add any other devices to the circut that POE switch is on, In My case the system was being drawn down when the A/C Unit would start, Just recently a transient power blast went through a few circuits where I had computer gear running, It actually took out two Small UPS's but spared the computers. I did test the A/C voltage from the wall and it was doing some rather weird spiking according to my meter, turned out they had to replace the breaker, contacts were crudded up.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Sometimes, you really have to be a detective, Did anybody else add any other devices to the circut that POE switch is on, In My case the system was being drawn down when the A/C Unit would start, Just recently a transient power blast went through a few circuits where I had computer gear running, It actually took out two Small UPS's but spared the computers. I did test the A/C voltage from the wall and it was doing some rather weird spiking according to my meter, turned out they had to replace the breaker, contacts were crudded up.
Yes, a few different people added shit. a ups and a couple extra cams i think. Will eliminate that too. Thanks!