n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

CCTV newbie here with a brand new setup:

• DS-7616NXI-I2 / 16P/4S
  • 8 * DS-2CD2386G2-I
  • Connected and receiving POE from USW-Pro-48

Issue 1
All the cameras have been added manually on the NVR as they are connected to the Unify Switch rather than directly on the NVR. I can connect to each cam directly and view live feed. However 2 out of 8 cameras will not show live feed when watching via the NVR interface. Same cameras and as far as I can see the same settings. See attached screenshot.

It's worth noting that the feed is recorded from the cameras in the NVR. Just no live view.

Is there something obvious I'm missing here?

Issue 2
The NVR seems sluggish and will not play more than 2-3 cameras back at the same time?

Again is there some setting I'm missing?

NB: NVR and cameras are updated.

Attachments

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd like to help, but I havent got experience with the Hik NVR's. Hopefully somebody drops by soon, and gets your going....
You have 8 of the same model cams? You might have to turn some of the Cams down to a lower Megapixel to stop the sluggishness. Because it looks like maybe the model you bought supports 1080P to higher numbers of Camera's like up to 12 cameras. your 8- 8Megapixel cameras might be straining to show all of them at full resolution? I know my FPS drops in my cameras as I add Cameras to my older "DVR".
your part# NVR shows a feature set with this:
  • Up to 12 MP high-definition live view, storage and playback
  • Up to 12-ch @ 1080p decoding capacity

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had in past AcuSense NVR (almost the same, only without POE) and I found that this NVR don't have Live View without plugin over Web at all.
Web interface looks almost the same as a normal I-series (no AcuSense model), but displaying Live View (and Search) in Safari/Chrome/Firefox didn't work for me (in classic I-series models without AcuSense Live View worked well for me)...
Also I found that this AcuSense model have a few other limitations (no configuration for direct HDMI Live View)..

It looks that some functions (due of small/low power cpu) is crippled (comparing to classic non AcuSenses I-series) to have cpu power for AcuSense human/vehicle filtering...
Also newest firmware for it was much older version comparing to non AcuSense model...

Quality of human/vehicle filtering on AcuSense NVR for 4 channels was much lower comparing to G2 AcuSense cameras (in one case I have hundreds of false detections of big palm tree in the wind).

So I returned it - very bad HIK product, created to fill the gap between classic cameras and AI world...
Classic I-series NVR with AcuSense G2 cameras worked for me better.

But Dahua NVR with good Dahua cams (like 5442 series) works the best.. Good AI, very low false detections, very good night vision in color, much better NVR web interface with working all Live View, Search and view/search AI functionality over Web..

The only thing which are little worse in Dahua world comparing to HIK world is mobile app.. HIK connect works better comparing to DMSS... And works on iPads (Dahua only have older/non supported apps for iPads)...

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
PS. You invested in 8 good cameras with AcuSense G2 and DarkFighter - in my opinion You should return DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/4S and change it to DS-7616NI-I2/16P (non AcuSense model). It cheaper, works much better, it give's You access to all functions in AcuSense G2 cameras. You don't need local AI filtering on NVR (AcuSense functionality) because You all cam have this functionality locally and in much better versions (Generation 2 of AcuSense)...

And it have working local view on Web for all browsers...

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
PS. You invested in 8 good cameras with AcuSense G2 and DarkFighter - in my opinion You should return DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/4S and change it to DS-7616NI-I2/16P (non AcuSense model). It cheaper, works much better, it give's You access to all functions in AcuSense G2 cameras. You don't need local AI filtering on NVR (AcuSense functionality) because You all cam have this functionality locally and in much better versions (Generation 2 of AcuSense)...

Thanks for helping him out.....Good to know about that model of Hikvision.

cphman

n3wb
Reaction score

I think you might be right here. What a shame as I bought the NVR quite some time ago and have passed the return date. Guess I will need to put it up for sale.

The reason I selected the Acusense NVR while also having Acusense cameras is that I also have a Doorbird connected over ONVIF and I wanted to run Acusense on that feed. However, the quality is horrible so that is a dead end.

Thanks for the input. it's such a jungle to choose with such a line up.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I tested also DoorBird intercom.... Good integration possibilities with everything on the market, bad video quality, very bad image processing, very slow mobile access outside local WIFI (using some server in Germany), very hot back plate of intercom (heating problems)...

Below 3 intercoms - left up from HIK, right up 5442 camera from Dahua (best image), down left DoorBird, down right Dahua intercom (best image from intercoms)...

All have the same options setup (exposure time etc)... both screenshots only a few minutes difference (almost 21 hour)...

intercoms3.png

intercoms4.png