No ptz controls

sLackuR

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision PTZ-3601-IZ having trouble getting the ptz controls to work with tiny cam pro. Works flawlessly through the NVR. Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision PTZ-3601-IZ having trouble getting the ptz controls to work with tiny cam pro. Works flawlessly through the NVR. Any ideas?

Thanks
FWIW, many Hikvision cams and a few of their NVR's are stated as being "compatible' with TinyCam here.
If your NVR is listed I'd consider contacting its creator who is a member of IPCT and likely will read your post; or you can e-mail him at: alexey.vasilyev@gmail.com

sLackuR

n3wb
Reaction score
It's a Dahua NVR if it matters. I wouldn't mix and match cameras due to my lack of experience but this PTZ was a gift.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The cam is ONVIF-compliant as is the NVR which is why, luckily, the video stream works....it's by chance the PTZ works through the NVR as you say and you're on a lucky streak because rarely does ONVIF compliance extend to successfully operating PTZ, audio, alarm I/O, etc. between a cam and an NVR of different manufacturers.

Again, since your Pro version of TC is a paid version I urge you to contact the developer via e-mail as I mentioned in post #3 and get his recommendation.

sLackuR

n3wb
Reaction score
The cam is ONVIF-compliant as is the NVR which is why, luckily, the video stream works....it's by chance the PTZ works through the NVR as you say and you're on a lucky streak because rarely does ONVIF compliance extend to successfully operating PTZ, audio, alarm I/O, etc. between a cam and an NVR of different manufacturers.

Again, since your Pro version of TC is a paid version I urge you to contact the developer via e-mail as I mentioned in post #3 and get his recommendation.
Thanks for taking the time to explain. I'll reach out.