No Signal RTSP: 500 internal server error

dw1

n3wb
Reaction score
I am new at this and I don't know a RTSP from HTML. Blue Iris was working fine and suddenly one of two cameras reported the error in my subject line. I recently purchased the full version after two weeks of the trial version using just one camera. The camera reporting no signal is the one I used during the trial period. I just added a second camera (different brand) and all was well for a few days. Blue Iris is still working for camera 2. I am afraid I inadvertently deleted the log file, or I can't find it. I have logged into the camera outside of blue Iris and there is a signal and image. The camera in question is an analog pinhole connected to an Axis M7001 video encoder, connected to an Iogear wireless kit. All three lights on the encoder are green. Logged into the router and the port settings appear to be unchanged from when everything worked. Blue Iris is installed on a machine in another location. The sudden loss did not coincide with any changes made from either the camera location or the monitoring location. Help.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The error messages are often misleading. I recommend you try restarting things. Start by restarting the camera in Blue Iris via the camera's right click menu. Restart Blue Iris itself. Restart the PC running Blue Iris. Restart the camera by unplugging it and plugging it back in. Maybe even restart your network switches/router. If you end up restarting everything without fixing it, then it is probably a more specific problem that I probably can't help with. Maybe if you delete and re-add the camera in Blue Iris? ...

I have one camera that stops responding after a couple months sometimes, and Blue Iris shows some ridiculous error message, and I just have to power cycle my PoE switch to fix it.

dw1

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried all of them but no change. I may try restoring default settings on the Axis encoder.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am new at this and I don't know a RTSP from HTML.
It's all quite simple dw1...

If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,
And the bus is interrupted as a very last resort,
And the address of the memory makes your protocol abort,
Then the socket packet pocket has an error to report!

dw1

n3wb
Reaction score
“And he, he himself...the Grinch...carved the roast-beast!”

dw1

n3wb
Reaction score
While the Whos down in Whoville
Don't know a packet from a racket,
And they certainly don't like green eggs and ham
With their very own ip-cam,
An accident of fate
Was lying in wait.

the Grinch found a socket
To attach to a rocket.
It wasn't to protocol
but he gave it his all
With determination and grit
Though he knew not a whit
He fiddled and diddled and twisted and turned,
That old Grinch said, I shall not be burned.
The settings looked right
but he said, Oh I just might,
change a small setting
and see what we're getting.

And they lived happily ever after.....for now.