No sound Hikvision ds-2cd2347g1-lu colour Vu help please. Solved it

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SORTED the issue was a senior moment lol

Recently installed Hikvision ds-2cd2347g1-lu colour Vu turret cam but I am unable to get any sound I have sound from all my other sound capable cameras but none of these are Hikvision. I recently fitted a Dahua Eagle4C full colour and the sound works fine. TIA
I get the message audio failed Screenshot_20201219-120628_Drive.jpg

Last edited:

camerafool

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
HikVision DS-2CD2347G1-LU and its internal microphone is giving me much better sound using 256kbps 44.1kHz MP3 than my other cameras with external mics and G711.ulaw. I couldn't get PCM to work with Blue Iris, but the 256 MP3 is great.

Edit for clarity: Blue Iris will work with 256 MP3.

Attachments

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I needed to set the sub stream to video audio too, not easy to see or find until you know where it is and what you are doing, it's the only one of my 12 hikvision cameras that has sound so never had to try and set it up before. I am old too lol

Last edited:

GLO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the same camera and oddly enough, if I live stream i get audio but on the playback it doesn't.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the same camera and oddly enough, if I live stream i get audio but on the playback it doesn't.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
I had mine playing back on the web browser live stream but not on the ivms 4200, setting the sub stream fixed that for me you had me check that I had sound on playback which I do thank goodness. I have a few nvrs running a spread of my 23 cameras, all are recording sound

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just set up this camera with a Hikvision 9632 NVR. Tried all the tips can hear sound live but not on playback. Tried several different audio codecs and settings. Anybody recording sound on this NVR?

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Problem Solved. On the recording schedule tab there is an advanced button. Select camera then this opens to a dialog box where you can enable recording of audio. Had to reboot everything, now recording is working.