No substream on iVMS-4200

elprebse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When I right click cameras in iVMS-4200 (PC), and change to substream, I get a "Failed to reconnect (91)" error. Cannot restart Hiks in substream mode - only other PTZ can. Switching back to mainstream and cameras come right back on.

I am on a 200GB monthly limit with my ISP, so would like to turn bandwidth usage down.

(2) 2342 cameras + 3rd party PTZ camera through 7616 NVR. PC client on remote network.

Anyone with a solution to this?

elprebse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just noticed that the image quality options "Balanced" and "Fluent" are also greyed out on my mobile device (iVMS-4500 HD). Just leaving the "Clear" and "Custom" options, which are both mainstream, as Custom will only allow me to change between 1080p and 720p. What am I doing wrong?

pghcamman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay so looking at you substream settings they are way to high and using more bandwidth than is needed. change the setting to the following:

resolution- CIF 352*240
quality- medium
frame rate- 8
max bitrate- 128

the image should still look great but now for all 3 cameras instead of using 3000kbps you will only be using 500kbps saving you tons of bandwidth usage. try it out and let me know what you think. if your not happy we can adjust a little. Good Luck!

elprebse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
... change the setting to the following:

resolution- CIF 352*240
quality- medium
frame rate- 8
max bitrate- 128
Thanks for your response, but as long as I cannot select the substream at all, it doesn't matter which settings I select. Substream (balanced and fluent) is greyed out on iVMS-4500 and live view failing to reconnect on iVMS-4200, when substream is selected.

pghcamman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had this happen once before. I lowered The settings and rebooted the machine and it was fixed. Trying to remember if I had to do anything else it was a while ago.

elprebse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Decided to delete the units on the client software and add them again. That did the trick.
whether the settings had an effect I don't know, not alone at least, but thanks for taking the time and helping me out.