(noob) ExacQ Playback Not Working with Outdoor Cameras

LeviRains

n3wb
Reaction score
Good morning, and forgive me for having absolutely no clue what I am talking about. I work at a middle school and we are trying to get some footage from a few days ago using exacq. I have noticed that on most of our outdoors cameras, they work while in "live" mode but when I try to search for older footage I get an error message with something about not being able to fetch metadata. Again, I am new to the system and have basically no knowledge of how this stuff works. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like no footage was recorded from the camera.
  • Right click on the live feed of the desired camera and choose 'properties'
  • next, click the 'schedule' tab to verify what it's current settings are (motion, free run, etc.)
Typically the default settings are 'motion' (24/7) to maximize how many days of footage can be retained
  • If it is confirmed that the schedule is 'motion', go to the 'motion' tab and review the settings.
Of the many settings that might be not tuned correctly, there is also a chance the motion that occurred in the cameras field of view was not enough to trigger recording

LeviRains

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like no footage was recorded from the camera.
  • Right click on the live feed of the desired camera and choose 'properties'
  • next, click the 'schedule' tab to verify what it's current settings are (motion, free run, etc.)
Typically the default settings are 'motion' (24/7) to maximize how many days of footage can be retained
  • If it is confirmed that the schedule is 'motion', go to the 'motion' tab and review the settings.
Of the many settings that might be not tuned correctly, there is also a chance the motion that occurred in the cameras field of view was not enough to trigger recording
Thank you! This helps me understand a little bit more about how the system works. When I right click on the live video, there is a "properties" option but I am not able to click it. The text is a dim, compared to bold on the options that I am able to click on. Do you know why it would do that?

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
The option is greyed out because you are logged in with an account that has limited privileges.

If the system maintained by in-house IT staff, you could ask them to check in on the various cam settings to ensure they are working

LeviRains

n3wb
Reaction score
The option is greyed out because you are logged in with an account that has limited privileges.

If the system maintained by in-house IT staff, you could ask them to check in on the various cam settings to ensure they are working
Thank you! I appreciate your knowledge and help.